The Willpower Instinct Audiobook
Based on Stanford University psychologist Kelly McGonigal's wildly popular course "The Science of Willpower," The Willpower Instinct is the first book to explain the new science of self-control and how it can be harnessed to improve our health, happiness, and productivity.
Informed by the latest research and combining cutting-edge insights from psychology, economics, neuroscience, and medicine, The Willpower Instinct explains exactly what willpower is, how it works, and why it matters. For example, readers will learn:
- Willpower is a mind-body response, not a virtue. It is a biological function that can be improved through mindfulness, exercise, nutrition, and sleep.
- Willpower is not an unlimited resource. Too much self-control can actually be bad for your health.
- Temptation and stress hijack the brain's systems of self-control, but the brain can be trained for greater willpower
- Guilt and shame over your setbacks lead to giving in again, but self-forgiveness and self-compassion boost self-control.
- Giving up control is sometimes the only way to gain self-control.
- Willpower failures are contagious—you can catch the desire to overspend or overeat from your friends—but you can also catch self-control from the right role models.
In the groundbreaking tradition of Getting Things Done, The Willpower Instinct combines life-changing prescriptive advice and complementary exercises to help readers with goals ranging from losing weight to more patient parenting, less procrastination, better health, and greater productivity at work.
Get INSTANT ACCESS to this product after successful payment. Enter into the world of digital where convenience means everything. All digital products in our store are $19.99 and under. This is the ebook version and is the same as the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. We do not sell the paper products. The photo shown is for illustrative purposes only. All purchases are final. We send most of our products in ZIP or PDF format. If you require another format, let us know and we will do the conversion for you at no additional cost.
Compatible with computers and most devices with audio capability. Can be downloaded directly to Windows and Mac computers, Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android devices, Blackberry devices, and Windows Phone. Can be transferred from a computer to Apple devices, most cell phones and PDAs, MP3 players, and some audio-enabled e-readers.