Encyclopedia of Sleep Textbook
Encyclopedia of Sleep eTextbook
In a world of 24-hour media saturation, sleep has become an increasingly fraught enterprise. The award-winning four-volumeξEncyclopedia of Sleep is the largest reference, either online or in print, on the subject of sleep. Written to be useful for the novice and the established researcher and clinician, Topic areas will include sleep across the life cycle and in other species, sleep and women, sleep and the elderly, pediatric sleep, sleep deprivation and loss, sleep mechanisms, sleep physiology and pathophysiology, sleep disorders, neurobiology, chronobiology, pharmacology, and impact of other disorders on sleep.
Recognizing the many fields that are connected to sleep science, the editorial team has been carefully chosen to do justice to this highly interdisciplinary field of study. The steady growth of researchers and clinicians in the sleep field attests to the continued interest in the scientific study of sleep and the management of patients with sleep disorders, and anyone involved in this exciting field should find this work to be an invaluable reference.
- 2013 PROSE Award winner for Multivolume Reference in Science from the Association of American Publishers
- Thoroughly interdisciplinary: looks at sleep throughout the life cycle, with exceptional coverage of basic sleep concepts, the physiology of sleep as well as sleep disorders of all descriptions
- Excellent coverage of sleep and special populations, covering the lifespan, as well as gender and ethnic differences, among others
- Chapters focusing on sleep disorders are grouped under the broad categories classified in the ICSD-2 for clear organization so that the reader can effectively access the steps involved in diagnosing and treating these disorders
- Online version is linked both within the encyclopedia (to related content) and to external sources (such as primary journal content) so that users have easy access to more detailed information if needed
Get INSTANT ACCESSξto this productξafter successful payment. Enter into the world of digital where convenience means everything.ξ All digital products in our store are $19.99 and under. ξThis is the ebook version and is the same as the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. We do not sell the paper products. The photo shown is for illustrative purposes only. All purchases are final. We send most of our products in ZIP or PDF format. If you require another format, let us know and we will do the conversion for you at no additional cost.